God has been blessing us with some awesome early spring weather in the Florida panhandle. It is especially welcome after the harsh-by-our-standards winter we endured (it even snowed for a minute or two).
Spring blessings for me means:
- Easter. Resurrection Sunday is always an incredible time of reflection and joy. It was no different this year. For the empty tomb I am most thankful.
- Seeing my girls back out on the soccer field. They enjoy this game even if dad still doesn’t get it.
- Yard work. I can actually enjoy it this time of the year before the oppressive heat and humidity sets in. Now, if I can just defeat all these weeds.
- Wetting a hook. Well, hopefully. Fishing is the best therapy I know.
- The colors. Wow! God is an artist. He paints his creation with such amazing colors during spring.
- Baseball! Oh yeah, I greatly enjoy this rite of spring- both the real deal and the fantasy kind. I am only in two fantasy leagues this year- and I am already managing away. Fantasy baseball brings out the sports geek in me.
So what is up in your springtime?
Spring is a time or renewal. God designed it that way. I pray that yours will be a spring full of blessings.